MRP for orders is a set of tools to manage the procurement of materials and for the execution of order fulfillment.
- See current inventory levels and use existing on hand inventory
Procure from supplier
Bulk Purchase and receive in house or for customization
* Drop Ship directly to customer
- Automate PO Creation into financial system.
- Automate Inventory transactions for Inventory receiving into financial system including progressive receiving ( receiving multiple times against a single PO).
- Automate the revenue recognition and cogs transactions for customer sales and shipments.
Some sales transactions such as "Estimates" are non posting transactions meaning that when they are entered they do NOT affect inventory or recognize revenue (represent cash or accounts receivable) or recognize Cost of Goods Sold (COGS). This is a good thing particularly when you have not collected the money from the customer or incurred the costs of fulfillment. These things will be recorded automatically as you perform the receiving and shipping steps outlined in the workflow diagram below.
Other sales transactions such as "Invoices" and "Sales Receipts" are also supported, but affect your financial system in a different way. These transactions are "posting transactions", which mean that they both recognize revenue and recognize COGS. This is can produce undesirable timing effects in recording revenue (starting the countdown timer for AR due dates) as well as recognizing COGS before the product has been shipped or potently before product is even purchased. Which can drive inventory negative in Quickbooks and produce inventory cost variances due to inventory receiving happening AFTER consumption.
- Any changes to a customer order will be automatically synced into DataNinja. However these changes will NOT affect any derivative Purchase Orders/ Inventory Receipts or Shipments that have been made. Those have to be manually corrected in DataNinja or Quickbooks as needed.
Changes to PO's need to take place in QuickBooks Online post creation.
Changes to Drop-Shipped products will require:
Correction of shipment transactions in DataNinja resulting in inventory going back into Stock (which will update Quickbooks Inventory levels and and any shipment generated customer invoices).
Correction of any receiving transactions in DataNinja resulting in the inventory never having gone into stock. (which will update Quickbooks Inventory levels by reversing vendor bill transactions.
Correction of any PO line items (if needed) through Quickbooks.
Live customer integrations to MRP for Orders with:
- Team Uniform Orders
- Big Commerce
Updated over 1 year ago